Sexton Mountain NEIGHBORHOOD
- 7:00 pm, Third Tuesday of every month
- Sexton Mountain Elementary School
15645 SW Sexton Mountain Drive
- 2018 meetings: Sep. 18, Oct. 16, Nov. 20, Dec. 18 (Cancelled)
- 2019 meetings: Jan. 15, Feb. 19, Mar. 19, Apr. 16, May 21, Jun. 18, Jul. 16, Aug. 20, Sep. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 21, Dec. 17
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI Opens a New Window. representative) held in October.
- Jen Fife-Adams, Chair
Opens a New Window, Chair
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- We are currently rebuilding our board. If you're interested in serving in a leadership capacity, please come to our next meeting!
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
- In partnership with the Sexton Mountain Elementary PTC (Parent Teacher Committee), we host an annual "Run with the Eagle 5k," with support from a matching grant from the City. The event includes a 5k run/walk, followed by a fun run around the track in which even Sparky the Eagle participates! Hundreds of community members gather each year for this fun event.
- Years ago, Summercrest Park was covered in Himalayan blackberry thickets and English ivy. We recruited volunteers to improve the natural areas as a community effort. We also followed up our project with a community picnic at the park, which was well received. Today, it has healthier natural areas, with plenty of native trees and shrubs to attract native wildlife.
- We partnered with the Sexton Mountain Elementary PTC in 2011 to install bike racks at the school to encourage more children to bike to school.
- In 2011, we partnered with Sexton Mountain & Cooper Mountain Elementary Schools to support a Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Pilot Program. Classes competed to see who could get the most children to walk or bike to school. Since then, we have worked with neighbors, the City, THPRD, Washington County, and Beaverton School District to identify missing sidewalk connections within one mile of both schools. Conversations are underway regarding possible collaborations.
* Bring your ideas to our next meeting. Funds for projects are available through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program.
About the Sexton Mountain NAC
Welcome to the Sexton Mountain Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
Cooper Mountain School children
“Edward S. Sexton …settled on land southwest of what is now Beaverton in the spring of 1853. Sexton Mountain was named for him” (McArthur, 1992).
McArthur L. L. (1992). Oregon Geographic Names, Sixth Edition. Oregon Historical Society Press: Portland Oregon.
For more info visit Beaverton history and the online historical photo gallery.