Building In Beaverton
Schedule a Phone Call or Video Appointment
Note: These appointments are only for questions and intake assistance. These appointments are not for plan review or issuing permits.
Communication during these appointments is by phone or Microsoft Teams.
- Phone Appointments: A member of city staff will call the number you provide at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Video Appointments: You and a member of city staff will be able to join the Microsoft Teams meeting during the time the appointment is scheduled. You may need to download Microsoft Teams before your appointment.
Welcome! We’re happy you’re here.
Building in Beaverton takes many shapes. From small residential projects such as a new structure on your property, an updated bathroom, landscape upgrades or new fencing, to large scale multi-family residential projects and commercial projects. Regardless of what you have planned, we are here to help you navigate the city’s requirements and finish your construction or remodeling project as quickly as possible.
Our goal is to provide consistent service to our customers while supporting community aspirations and plans.
Before you begin, get to know your property and the requirements for your planned project. Do you need Homeowners Association approval in advance? Will your project require a permit? Find out the basics to start your project on the right path and avoid potential delays along the way. Tips on Getting Started...
Most construction and remodeling projects will need approval from the city in the form of an application or permit, sometimes from more than one city department depending on the project. The city is required to ensure projects developed within the city meet local and state rules and regulations. Other outside agencies may also require review and approval as applicable.
Please see the ‘Building in Beaverton Apply’ pages for instructions, permit applications, associated fees required for your project, and options for submitting electronically.
Construction and Inspection
When you are ready to proceed with construction of your project, you will want to identify major milestones and know what to expect in order to bring your project to completion. Construction Process...
- Beaverton City Code
- Beaverton Comprehensive Plan
- Beaverton Development Code
- Beaverton Design Review Handbook Opens a New Window.
- Beaverton Engineering Design Manual and Standard Drawings
- Beaverton Search Map Opens a New Window. (Interactive)
- Clean Water Services Design and Construction Standards Opens a New Window.
- State Building Codes Online Opens a New Window.
- Fee Information