View grant opportunities and apply online: www.BeavertonOregon.gov/ArtSubmit.
Please use the Arts Program Budget Form for all grant opportunities.
Received grant funding in 2019? Please complete the 2019 Final Report.
Open Grant Opportunities
Small Project Grants ($1,000 or less / quarterly deadline)
Submission deadlines: Quarterly on July 31, Oct 31, Jan 31 and April 30 or until all grant funds are expended.
Award Notification: Within 3 weeks of application submission
Small Project Grants are intended to provide support for new or unanticipated projects and those with an urgent timeline--especially for emerging artists, BIPOC and LGBTQ artists, students, or organizations new to the grant-making process. Projects could include workshops, art classes, and/or art activities that serve Beaverton residents.
Funding requests may be up to $1000 per applicant.
This is not a matching-grant but we encourage applicants to leverage other funds raised to augment their projects.
The Small Project Grant program is to support projects that meet one or more of the following goals:
- Demonstrate cultural and/or racial diversity, social equity and inclusiveness and to help the City of Beaverton become increasingly welcoming, inclusive, representative, and responsive to historically underrepresented and underserved communities, particularly communities of color, immigrants, refugees and LGBTQ.
- Nurture community collaboration; encourage partnership among artists and creative industries, businesses, cultural and other non- and for-profit organizations
- Contribute to economic vitality, contribute to neighborhood revitalization and/or beautification, and promote our city as a place that is welcoming, vibrant, responsible, friendly, safe, and active.
- Inspire or accomplish creativity and innovation.
- Nurture and honor community identity and heritage; preserve and commemorate local and multicultural traditions and histories
- Create public spaces that promote health, happiness and wellbeing.
For more information, to apply and for complete details go to: https://cityofbeaverton.submittable.com/submit.
Previous Grant Recipients
2019 Art Lives Here: Place and Neighborhood-Based Projects
- ADAPT – Party in the Park $5,000
- Beaverton Civic Theatre – SnowFest $5,000
- Beaverton Downtown Association – Beaverton CoSign $5,000
2019 Community Arts Organizations and Projects
- Danza Azteca Huitzilopochtli – Aztec Dance Workshop for Welcoming Week $1000
- Erik Weswig Memorial Fund – Big Horn Brass Holiday Concert $1,000
- Leilu Wasielewski – "Scoobert-Doo, Wherefore Art Thou?" $913.41
- Masque Alfresco – 2019 Summer Park Tour: Importance of Being Earnest $1,000
- Painted Sky Inc.*Northstar Dance Company – Out of the Shadows $2,000
- Portland Community College – "Experience Music" Series at PCC Rock Creek $2,000
- The Immigrant Story – The Immigrant Story: Live Storytelling $2,000
- Write Around Portland – Respect, Writing, and Community in Beaverton $2,000
In Beaverton, the arts are a part of our identity. The Beaverton Arts Program contributes by presenting arts and cultural events and programs celebrating community values and helping connect residents to their artistic and cultural heritage.
Financial support for artists and non-profit visual, literary and performing arts organizations are available to those who serve the Beaverton community. For questions about grant guidelines or applications, contact the Beaverton Arts Program at artsmail@BeavertonOregon.gov.
Accessibility information: This information can be made available in alternative formats such as large print or audio tape. To request alternative formats, contact the Arts Program by calling 503-526-2471 or email artsprogram@BeavertonOregon.gov. Use 711 for relay service.