Center for Mediation and Dialogue
The CMD has shifted to remote based services. We appreciate your patience as we navigate new ways of operating. Please email us at email@example.com for any inquiries.
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:30 pm
The Center for Mediation and Dialogue is a free and confidential service of the Community Services & Engagement providing mediation, facilitation and conflict resolution education to residents of Beaverton and Washington County east of 185th Avenue.
We have been serving the community since 1988. Our staff and community volunteers are professionally trained mediators, skilled in communication and conflict resolution.
Peace-Building Grants are designed to support events, projects or programs that foster peace in Beaverton. They can include local conflict resolution projects, community events, or trainings. Examples include providing a training for peer-mediators, books or other materials for a community discussion about restorative justice, a facilitated dialogue event on a polarizing topic or other creative ideas.
Grant objectives: (must meet one or more of the following)
- Support local restorative justice or conflict resolution initiatives
- Bring residents together in pursuit of a more peaceful, just, and equitable society
- Promote dialogue and build stronger relationships
- Provide a learning opportunity related to conflict resolution, restorative justice, or peacebuilding
Information session: March 18th at 12PM on zoom
Applications: Due by April 1, 2021
Award notifications: Within 4 weeks of submission
Amount available: Up to $1,500 per project / applicant
- Applicant must be an individual or community-based entity with a strong connection to Beaverton e.g. volunteer mediator/facilitator, faith-based or grassroots organizations, Beaverton student or school group, Beaverton Neighborhood Association Committees (NACs), [501(c)3 status not required]
- Projects must benefit the Beaverton community
- Eligible expenses include materials (e.g. educational materials, printing costs) and personnel costs (e.g. honorariums)
- Grant recipients must submit a report upon completion of the project