About Welcoming Week
National Welcoming Week is an annual series of events designed to bring together immigrants, refugees, and U.S.-born residents to raise awareness of the benefits of welcoming everyone. The week’s activities celebrate the contributions of newcomers and provide opportunities to build cross-cultural relationships and understanding. The 2019 Beaverton Welcoming Week was celebrated alongside more than 2000 events in communities across the country. Beaverton’s next annual celebration will take place Sept. 2020, as part of the broader city-wide Welcoming Beaverton initiative.
- “Beaverton, park district set Welcoming Week events”
Beaverton Valley Times - 9/8/2019
How to be involved:
- Take a picture with one of the I’m a Welcomer signs Opens a New Window. and share it on social media with #BeavertonWelcomes.
- Attend the events and share your experience on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!
- To learn about other events happening across the country, see Welcoming America Opens a New Window. .
About Welcoming Week Mini Grants
The city sponsors mini-grants for small, interactive, community driven projects designed to bring together immigrants and U.S.-born residents to build cross-cultural relationships. Grant awards can range from $250 to $1000 and must be used for activities to take place in Beaverton during the annual Welcoming Week celebration held in September.
Thank you to our partners!
2019 Welcoming Week Partners:
- Spice of Africa
- Spirit of Grace
- Arabic House School
- PDX Friends of Refugees
- The Immigrant Story
- Somali Empowerment Circle
- Salon Amrapali
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made by 5 business days to the Cultural Inclusion Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dial 7-1-1 for Relay.