Housing Options Project
Take the new housing variety survey - you could win a gift card!
The virtual Open House for the Housing Options Project is now open! Now is your opportunity to let us know what you think about the three housing options (and design too). Click below to enter the Open House:
Review the options, take a survey, and enter the raffle! Let us know what you think about expanding housing options in neighborhoods, and we will enter your name into a raffle. Ten raffle winners will receive a $25 gift card to a local Beaverton restaurant or coffee shop.
This survey closes Wednesday, June 30.
Beaverton wants to provide housing choices to meet the needs of a lot of different people who live in Beaverton or want to live in Beaverton.
A new state law also requires that cities like Beaverton allow more different kinds of housing in neighborhoods where we allow only one house per lot now. Some background information:
- State law fact sheet provides more information about legal requirements.
- Development history summary provides more information about Beaverton’s residential neighborhoods.
The project is considering where and how these additional housing types could be allowed to:
- Provide more places to live for people with different housing needs, preferences and income levels.
- Encourage diverse housing options so people can stay in their neighborhoods as their needs change.
- Give property owners more choices and flexibility over what types of housing they can build on their land.
- Assist with affordability by allowing more units and smaller units in existing neighborhoods.
The project consists of four phases. The first phase began in July 2018. The fourth phase is anticipated to end by Winter 2021. Public engagement is ongoing, but will be modified in light of the COVID-19 public health emergency and social distancing guidelines. Below is more information about each phase: