How to Apply
Neighborhood Matching Grant Applications are reviewed throughout the year.
- Present your idea at your Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC) meeting for sponsorship. The NAC must support your project for it to move forward. If you are not sure which NAC you belong to or when they meet, please contact the Neighborhood Program at 503-526-3706.
- Complete and submit a Neighborhood Program Matching Grant Fund Application (see below).The application must be signed by an officer of the NAC supporting the idea and the project applicant. The chair, vice chairman, treasurer, or recorder of the NAC are able to sign the application. The application must also include a forecast of revenue expenses, including a description of how the requested funding will be matched.
Application for Matching Grant Funding
Note: Applications are accepted and reviewed throughout the year.
Matching Grant Approval Process
- Matching Grant Applications are forwarded to the Neighborhood Program for review
- If the application meets the criteria of the program the application along with a staff recommendation is sent to the Beaverton Committee for Community Involvement (BCCI)* for consideration of approval and possible conditions of approval. Approval criteria includes adequate time to plan and execute event, service project, etc.
- If the application is approved the Neighborhood Program will notify the applicant within seven business days of their approval and any conditions that need to be met in order to receive funding. This notification will be by email. Project is then cleared for implementation
*BCCI meets on the 4th Monday of most months. Applications received by the 3rd Monday of the month will be submitted in the same month. Applications after the 3rd Monday will be reviewed the following month
Matching Grant Reimbursement Process
- The approved project is completed
- The applicant submits the Matching Grant Reimbursement Request and receipts for any funds spent to the neighborhood office at neighbormail@BeavertonOregon.gov
- The city will process the reimbursement and send a check to the NAC within four weeks of submittal of the reimbursement request
For more information, contact the Neighborhood Program or at 503-526-3706.
Projects not eligible for grant funding include:
- Duplication of an existing private or public program or service
- Ongoing services requests that support service organization's operating budgets
- Capital or operating costs for private business or facilities
- Projects that conflict with existing city policy