Neighbors Southwest NEIGHBORHOOD
COVID-19 Notice: The City is suspending in-person attendance by the public for NAC meetings to better protect the health and safety of the community.
Per Oregon Law all NAC virtual meetings will be recorded and archived by the City.
Please see Most Recent Agenda for a link or phone number to attend the virtual meeting
Agendas are posted one week ahead of meeting date
- Next scheduled meeting: August 18 - This meeting will be held virtually, please check back one week before the meeting for the agenda and links to participate. Meeting will be held in conjunction with Sexton Mountain NAC.
- Annual Elections (Board Members, Chair, Vice-Chair, Recorder, Treasurer, and BCCI representative) held in October.
- Nancy Ryles Elementary
10250 SW Cormorant Dr
- Elliot Otteson, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- URGENT NEED: Join our Board of Directors. We are seeking a Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Recording Secretary, and board members. Attend the next meeting or email Elliot, Chair, and let us know you are interested in getting involved.
- We are seeking enthusiastic, organized volunteers to help plan activities, events, and presentations within the Neighbors Southwest community! For more information or to sign up, contact the Neighborhood Program at 503-526-3706 or email@example.com.
- Join the Street Team to help promote Neighbors Southwest meetings and events! Click here for more info, including signup instructions.
Agendas & Minutes
- NSW NAC’s current project is supporting children in the foster care system by providing snack and activity bags for the Department of Health and Human Services to distribute to children as they await appointments at the DHS office.
- Neighbors Southwest hosted a food drive in support of Oregon Food Bank on December 7, 2019. In just two hours, we collected 45 pounds of food; that’s enough food for 36 meals! Thank you to our generous neighbors!
- Public Works, the Mayor’s Office and community members participated in native planting and mulching event on October 20, 2019. Fourteen volunteers installed 211 native plants, shrubs, and trees to improve stormwater drainage, control erosion, and provide habitat and food to wildlife. Afterwards, we enjoyed delicious soup and conversation!
- Helicopter Egg Drop took place Sunday, April 14, 2019. This partnership with Horizon Community Church, THPRD and Payne West Insurance, in combination with the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program, allowed us to conduct outreach and meet our neighbors!
- In the spring of 2018, we partnered with MPACT (the parent and teacher club from Mountainside High School) for a community open house.
- In the summer of 2017, we hosted a concert in the park. If you’re interested in participating in this or other activities, come to our next neighborhood meeting!
*Events made possible through the Neighborhood Matching Grant Program Opens a New Window. . Bring your ideas to our next meeting!
Watch the latest meeting
About the Neighbors Southwest NAC
Welcome to the Neighbors Southwest Neighborhood Association Committee (NAC). We meet monthly to discuss ideas and issues and work on projects to improve our neighborhood. Anyone that lives, owns property (including a business), or represents a nonprofit organization within the neighborhood boundaries is a member. Please join us.
The NAC meeting is the designated forum for committee participants to share ideas and community news with neighbors. It is also an opportunity to meet with city officials on various issues throughout the year.
Scholls Baseball Team 1903, Earl Fisher in white.
The Neighbors Southwest Neighborhood Association hosts Scholls Ferry Road the name sake of a prominent area settler. “Scholls, Scholls Ferry and Scholls Ferry Road… were named for Peter Scholl, a pioneer of 1847, who took up a donation claim nearby. In early days Scholl’s Ferry was one of the important crossings of the Tualatin River” (McArthur, 1992).
McArthur L. L. (1992). Oregon Geographic Names, Sixth Edition. Oregon Historical Society Press: Portland Oregon.