As part of the City’s response to COVID-19, we are asking that all community members and customers conduct business electronically as much as possible. Our Front Desk & Permit Center on the fourth floor of The Beaverton Building continues to remain closed to visitors until further notice. Community Development services are available by email and phone listed in our directory with development and construction service at https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/bib. For:
- Inspection requests, call the 24-hour line at 503-526-2400.
- Site Development questions, including street tree removal and sidewalk or street repairs, refer to Site Development Frequently Asked Questions or call 503-350-4021.
- Electronic Applications, visit https://www.BeavertonOregon.gov/512/Applications-Forms
Have a question? View our Customer FAQ section.
Appointments: To schedule a phone or video appointment, please use the Appointment App at the bottom of this page.
Contacts: You may also leave a message at one of the phone numbers listed above, check out our directory for other service contacts, or contact a staff person who has already been working with you to arrange for services.
Need to submit a payment? Checks can be dropped in the Water Payment box located off of SW Millikan Way. Make sure the name of the project and permit number is provided so that the payment can be applied correctly.
Need to submit materials related to a current project? They can be delivered to Beaverton City Hall, at the delivery/staff entrance, located at the corner of SW Rose Biggi and SW Millikan Way. Hours for deliveries are 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Please email reprograhics#BeavertonOregon.gov at least one hour prior to your arrival to notify staff when to expect deliveries.
For more information visit the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 page.
The Site Development Division coordinates the City review of engineering design and construction for new developments within the City of Beaverton.
The division is involved with all projects involving privately financed public improvements and certain regulated private improvements, such as site grading and parking lot construction.
The Site Development Division is also responsible for issuing permits for sewer repair, sidewalk repair, street cuts, street tree removal, and planting and regulating franchise utility installations.
Schedule a Phone Call or Video Appointment
Note: These appointments are only for questions and intake assistance. These appointments are not for plan review or issuing permits.
Communication during these appointments is by phone or Microsoft Teams.
- Phone Appointments: A member of city staff will call the number you provide at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Video Appointments: You and a member of city staff will be able to join the Microsoft Teams meeting during the time the appointment is scheduled. You may need to download Microsoft Teams before your appointment.