Garden registration process
- Garden spaces are offered to “Returning Gardeners” first.
- After returning gardeners have registered wait-list gardeners will be contacted. “New Gardeners” select from the remaining plots.
- Returning gardener registration starts around the first of February, wait list gardeners are contacted mid-February while new gardener registration begins the first or second week of March.
- Registration requests are processed in the exact order they are received.
- Once your registration is processed, you will receive a confirmation email or letter with your plot assignment. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing. After you receive this confirmation, you may begin gardening in your assigned plot.
- Plots are rented as-is. We recommend looking at the garden plots in person before requesting a plot.
- You must be a current City of Beaverton resident to register for a garden plot.
- If a plot becomes available, city staff will contact you and make payment arrangements.
- If a returning gardener would like to switch to another site or garden space, arrangements can be made to do so in the returning gardener registration period; use the comments section on the registration form.
- If you are not able to secure a plot in Beaverton’s Community Garden Program, we encourage you to contact the Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District Opens a New Window. (THPRD) to find out if plots are available in their program. Information will be available on the THPRD website prior to March 1, or by calling 503-645-6433.
Garden plot fees may be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), check or cash (in person only.)
If the garden plot fee was charged to your credit card in error or without your permission, we will accept your request to cancel the original transaction and refund your payment in full, as long as the request is made within 90 days of the original transaction.
If your original payment was made by credit card, the period of 90 days will begin from the transaction processing date. We reserve the right to revise this policy at any time.
2021 season registration dates
Returning gardeners: February 1 - February 16
Wait list gardeners: February 16 - March 8
New gardeners: March 15 - until filled