Water Efficiency Rebate Program
Encouraging Water Conservation Efforts
To encourage residential water customers to conserve water the City of Beaverton is offering a Residential Rebate Program. Under the program, residential users can receive rebates for replacing older inefficient toilets and washing machines with high-efficiency models. Residents can also receive a $50 rebate for installing a WaterSense Weather-Based Irrigation Controller to help them water their yard wisely.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants must own and live in a single-family residence within the Beaverton water service area, including a house, condominium, or duplex/multiplex or manufactured home with a single master meter. (Note: apartment owners and commercial establishments do not qualify for these rebates).
- You must have a Beaverton water account in good standing (no outstanding balance on previous billing periods).
- Save your receipt - Applications must include a copy of a proof of purchase receipt from a retailer or plumbing company that specifies the purchase date, purchase price, manufacturer and model number.
- The application must be received within 60 days of purchase date.
- Prior to approval, an on-site inspection may be required by Beaverton Public Works. The total rebate per item will not exceed the receipt amount. Rebates will be distributed via a credit to your utility account, and will not be mailed out.
Washing Machine Rebate
Apply for a $50 rebate when you purchase and install a new Energy Star qualified washing machine. For a list of qualifying models, visit www.energystar.gov. Limit: 1 per household.
High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate
Apply for a $75 per HET rebate when you replace your old water-wasting toilet(s) with an EPA WaterSense labeled 1.28 gpf (gallon per flush) High-Efficiency Toilet. For a list of qualifying WaterSense models, visit www.epa.gov/watersense. Limit: 2 per household.
The City of Beaverton does not require recycling of old toilets, but it is strongly encouraged.
S&H Landscape Supplies and Recycling – Fee: $15 per toilet: 1748 NE 25th Ave., Hillsboro, Oregon; 503-846-0881
Weather-Based Irrigation Controller Rebate
Receive a rebate when you purchase and install a WaterSense, weather-based controller. Rebates are up to $50, but will not exceed the purchase price on the receipt. Accessories and labor are not included. Limit: 1 rebate per property. Details and additional criteria listed on application form.
Applying for the Rebate
After purchasing and installing your new washing machine, toilet, or irrigation controller per the eligibility requirements listed on the application, complete the Residential Rebate Application form, attach a copy of the receipt, and mail to:
- City of Beaverton
Attn: Rebate Program
PO Box 4755
Beaverton, OR 97076
Upon approval, your rebate will be processed within four to six weeks and a credit issued to your water account.
For additional information, email Water Conservation.