Emergency Business Assistance Program
Business Assistance Program
Note: The grant program is no longer accepting applications at this time. We have received a large number of qualified applications. Please visit our COVID-19 Business Resources page for other programs and opportunities. Thank you.
Emergency Business Assistance Flyer
Beaverton’s small businesses are in a state of uncertainty and economic strain due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The city believes it should take immediate action to assist Beaverton’s small, independent businesses to stay afloat during the pandemic, with a focus on the most vulnerable businesses.
While nearly all businesses are facing economic losses right now, businesses that are under mandatory change in service guidelines are experiencing additional, extenuating circumstances. Our goal is to keep as many of these businesses in place and able to reopen following the pandemic. We believe that emergency relief assistance to sustain commercial rental and mortgage obligations is our most direct and effective approach to assistance.
La ciudad de Beaverton tiene el compromiso de ayudar a las pequeñas empresas locales a prosperar. La ciudad entiende que la pandemia de la COVID-19 y los obligatorios y correspondientes cierres o cambios de los servicios podrían poner en peligro muchas de nuestras pequeñas empresas. Con el fin de asegurar su reapertura, la ciudad de Beaverton ha creado un programa de emergencia que ofrece subvenciones a las pequeñas empresas de Beaverton para ayudarlas a cubrir el costo de su alquiler o hipoteca.
Emergency assistance for Beaverton businesses directly impacted by a government-ordered, mandatory changes in service guidelines to assist with rental or mortgage payment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of 3/19/2020, this applies to restaurants and bars affected by the Governor’s Executive Order on 3/16/2020.
- Business type is under a mandatory change in service guideline (by state, federal or local gov). As of time of writing, this would apply to restaurants and bars, but could be extended as mandatory closures and changes of service orders extend.
- Business has 50 or less FTE (full time equivalent employees) in Beaverton.
- Business operates out of a physical commercial storefront within the city limits of Beaverton, and has a lease or mortgage payment on the property.
- Business verifies they are experiencing economic loss due to COVID-19.
- Business has a Beaverton business license.
- National chains excluded.
- Business submits an application online.
- If application is found complete, application will be reviewed and notice of award will occur within 1-2 weeks.
- Awards will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- If awarded, Letter of Commitment will be executed between both parties, acting as the grant contract.
- Business can then submit a reimbursement request, including proof of payment of payment of rent or mortgage on or after March 16, 2020.
- Program would reimburse up to $2,500 per month after any rental abatement offered by the landlord or mortgage holder has been factored in. Reimbursement would be awarded to the tenant. Upon budget availability, business could submit a reimbursement request upon payment once per month. No match is required.
- The program is in effect during the City of Beaverton’s declared state of emergency and while funds are available.
Other Business Resources: https://www.beavertonoregon.gov/1379/COVID-19-Business-Resources