Safe Parking Program
About Safe Parking Program
The City of Beaverton is providing a Safe Parking Program to provide a safe, legal place to park for people experiencing homelessness and living out of their vehicles. While no one should have to live in their car, providing a safe place to park can help families and individuals in this situation stabilize their lives and gain better access to services.
What does the Safe Parking Program look like?
- The City of Beaverton contracted with Just Compassion of East Washington County, a non-profit organization that will provide program management for the pilot year. Just Compassion will be responsible for intake and case management of the guests participating in the program.
- The program will consist of host sites distributed throughout the city with assigned parking spaces and onsite portable restrooms, storage, and garbage removal.
For more information about hosts, guest, and program:
- Frequently Asked Questions Opens a New Window.
- What it takes to be a host site Opens a New Window.
- Resource card
- Safe Parking Program 2021 Year 2 Report Opens a New Window.
- Safe Parking Program 2020 Year 1 Report
- “New ordinance allows safe parking for houseless people“ Department of Land Use and Transportation 9/2/2020
- “Beaverton's Safe Parking program is helping people find permanent housing“ KATU 2 7/23/2020
- “Beaverton aims to accommodate more who live out of their vehicles“ Street Roots 2/14/2020
- “Affordable housing is disappearing. So cities are designating parking lots to sleep in.” The Highlight by Vox 10/18/2019
- “Beaverton launches program to help homeless” KGW 8 5/7/2019
- “Beaverton tests safe parking spaces for homeless campers” KATU 2 4/30/2019
- “Beaverton moves toward safe parking for homeless” Beaverton Valley Times 4/15/19
- “Tina and Chris: An inspiring story from the street” Street Roots 1/28/2019
- “Beaverton council will allow regulated overnight car camping in designated lots Opens a New Window. ” Beaverton Valley Times 10/18/18
- “Beaverton will allow regulated overnight car camping Opens a New Window. ” Koin 6 10/16/2018
- “’We need to be more sympathetic’: Beaverton wants to amend its homeless camping ban Opens a New Window. ” Fox 12 Oregon 10/1/2018