Beaverton Community Vision
What's important to you?
Take a brief snapshot survey to help us start planning Beaverton's future.
¿Qué es importante para ti?
Participa en una breve encuesta para ayudarnos a planificar el futuro de Beaverton.
What is the Community Vision?
The vision identifies community-inspired actions the city will work on over the next decade. The 2016 plan included 5 goals and 104 actions. The next Community Vision will occur in 2021-2022.
The Vision Advisory Committee (VAC) is a volunteer group that leads community outreach efforts and promotes the City’s resident based visioning process.
A Brief History of the Beaverton Visioning Process
Community Identified Goals
- Build community
- Create a vibrant downtown
- Improve mobility
- Expand public services
- Enhance livability
More than 750 community members participated in the 2007 process over 16 public meetings held in multiple languages
- 5,000 people actively participated in the vision development
- 6,500 ideas received from the community
- 120 community events
- 1,070 volunteer hours donated by VAC
- 61 Community Vision Partners
- 115 vision action items
The Beaverton Community Vision was honored with two awards:
- Award of Excellence from 3CMA
- Public Involvement Project of the Year - Best Planning Project from the IAP
- City Council readopts Community Vision plan
- Revisions made included incorporating the city’s branding into VAC goals & removal of 3 action items
- A new community survey was created and used for community outreach
- VAC volunteers gathered public input at events and presentations throughout the community. In all, 5,751 people shared 7,722 ideas for Beaverton’s future
The Beaverton City Council approved a major update to the Beaverton Community Vision Action Plan include topics such as affordable housing and food carts, street maintenance, schools, arts, homelessness, small business support, and more
The Visioning Advisory Committee begins work to update the Community Vision & Action Plan