2020 City Priorities
Each year, the Mayor and City Councilors adopt priorities for the upcoming year. The priorities are intended to guide planning and decision-making efforts throughout the year and align with objectives established in our Community Vision Plan.
- Respond to and support recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- See COVID-19 Business Resources
Climate Action and Resiliency
- Convert city streetlights to LED.
- Implement the Climate Action Plan, including the creation of a Climate Action Advisory Committee.
- Promote emergency preparedness at the neighborhood level.
- See Climate Action Task Force
- Develop a five-year plan for the municipal court.
- See Municipal Court
- Complete policy work on water resources for non-potable uses (purple pipe.)
- Develop a policy for the use and management of city-owned properties.
- Expand the city’s sidewalk fund to build new sidewalks, fill in connectivity gaps, and keep sidewalks in good repair.
- Develop and implement parking, towing, and traffic policies.
- Develop a concept for local transit.