*IMPORTANT MEMO REGARDING EMERGENCY COURT OPERATIONS CHANGES*
- Due to the nature of the developing public health emergency, the courthouse is currently closed to any in-person transactions. This includes the public windows and open court sessions. At this time, do not come to the Courthouse.
- Criminal Cases: The court will be rescheduling all currently scheduled hearings to a future date. The court will be sending notices to defendants and attorneys as needed.
- Violation Cases: The court has extended its phone hours and has temporarily changed policies to allow traffic violation cases to be handled via telephone rather than in-person. This includes signing up for traffic school, entering a plea and making a payment.
- All Court Deadlines have been extended 60 days – You do not need to request a deadline, the court will automatically extend the deadlines. This includes deadlines for payments, traffic school class, community service and other probation requirements.
- Court payments can be made online at www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Court or via phone.
- Check the court’s website for updates. Phone and video hearing procedures are being developed and may be available in April.
Court hours are temporarily being reduced to the following:
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon (Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Court Phone: (503) 526-2290
Electronic Security Screening
All persons entering the Courthouse are required to go through an electronic security screening. Prohibited items include firearms (even if you have a CHL), weapons, knives, incendiary items, pepper spray, drugs, alcohol and any item that poses a security risk or health hazard.
- I forgot to attend my court hearing, alcohol evaluation or a court ordered class. What should I do?
- I didn’t show up for court when I was supposed to or I didn’t pay my criminal court fines and fees. I think there is a warrant for my arrest. What are my options?
- I can’t afford to make a payment pursuant to my court payment plan for a traffic citation or a criminal case. What should I do?
- I just received a photo radar/red light citation in the mail. I am not the driver. How can I get this ticket dismissed?
- I just received a notice from the court that I failed to appear for a traffic light citation. I never received the ticket. How can I get the fine lowered?
- I just received a notice from the DMV that my license was suspended by the court. How can I clear this up?