Beaverton Night Market
The Night Market will be back in person in summer 2021! The event will be in a new location in downtown Beaverton along 1st St and Tucker Ave on back-to-back evenings during the second week of August. The event is FREE and open to the public; no reservations necessary. For regular updates and info, visit our Facebook events page.
This year features an exciting collaboration with the La Strada dei Pastelli Chalk Art Festival. Two of the Festival’s sites will be located within and feature live artists during the Market so attendees can experience both events when they visit.
The Beaverton Night Market is a project of the city’s Diversity Advisory Board, which has a primary role in planning and hosting the market each year. The concept is an original action item from the “Economic Opportunity” section of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan and has since been adopted into the Beaverton Community Vision as well. The first Beaverton Night Market debuted in Sept 2015 as a part of the city’s Welcoming Week and later grew to two larger summer events, attracting around 14,000 people each year.
The Beaverton Night Market exists to create a vibrant, intercultural, family-friendly space that is reminiscent of night markets internationally. The Market offers a culturally-relevant evening activity and gathering space with ethnic food and crafts for families of all backgrounds in Beaverton.
- Foster a space for cross-cultural exchange and interaction by community members.
- Create a space for emerging ethnic food/craft vendors to showcase their work and share their traditions.
- Promote economic opportunity for culturally-specific businesses in Beaverton.
- Offer a fun, family-friendly, cultural activity locally.
Vendors and Performers
Applications are now closed for the 2021 market. Please check back next spring!
- "Beaverton Night Market takes on virtual route for summer of 2020" KPTV Fox 12 8/13/2020
- "The Beaverton Night Market is going virtual, and highlighting businesses owned by immigrants and people of color" KGW 8 8/13/2020
- "In Beaverton, a little night market" Oregon ArtsWatch 7/22/2019
- "Vendors learn business at Beaverton Night Market" Beaverton Valley Times 7/22/2019
- "Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/22/2018
- "Beaverton Night Market returns Saturday Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/16/18
- "Finding a home at the Night Market Opens a New Window. " The Times 7/19/17
- "Night Market brings the world to Beaverton Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/28/16
- "A Universe of Art Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/21/16
- "Beaverton International Market Wildly Successful, Very Crowded Opens a New Window. " The Oregonian 9/13/15
- "World Cultures in Spotlight at Beaverton Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 9/9/15
- "First Ever Beaverton Night Market Opens a New Window. " GoLocalPDX 8/29/2015
- "Pooch Parade, Fun Run, Night Market: It’s all at the 58th Annual Beaverton Celebration Opens a New Window. " The Oregonian 8/18/15
- "Beaverton Night Market moved to Sept. 12 Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 5/21/15
- "Beaverton’s Diversity Advisory Board plans International Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 2/11/15
If you’d like to be added to the Cultural Inclusion Program e-newsletter (for updated info about the Beaverton Night Market and other programming), please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Equity and click on the "Join Our Email List" button.
For more information about the Beaverton Night Market, email equity@BeavertonOregon.gov or call 503-526-2503.