Beaverton Night Market
Video by Dream Chase Media
The Beaverton Night Market is a project of the city’s Diversity Advisory Board, which has a primary role in planning and hosting the market each year. The concept is an original action item from the “Economic Opportunity” section of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan and has since been adopted into the Beaverton Community Vision as well. The first Beaverton Night Market debuted in Sept 2015 as a part of the city’s Welcoming Week and later grew to two larger summer events, attracting around 14,000 people each year.
The Beaverton Night Market exists to create a vibrant, intercultural, family-friendly space that is reminiscent of night markets internationally. The Market offers a culturally-relevant evening activity and gathering space with ethnic food and crafts for families of all backgrounds in Beaverton.
- Foster a space for cross-cultural exchange and interaction by community members.
- Create a space for emerging ethnic food/craft vendors to showcase their work and share their traditions.
- Promote economic opportunity for culturally-specific businesses in Beaverton.
- Offer a fun, family-friendly, cultural activity locally.
Vendors and Performers
Applications for the 2022 markets will be accessible here in spring. Please check back soon!
- "Night Market returns to downtown Beaverton" Beaverton Valley Times 7/27/21
- "Beaverton Night Market takes on virtual route for summer of 2020" KPTV Fox 12 8/13/2020
- "The Beaverton Night Market is going virtual, and highlighting businesses owned by immigrants and people of color" KGW 8 8/13/2020
- "In Beaverton, a little night market" Oregon ArtsWatch 7/22/2019
- "Vendors learn business at Beaverton Night Market" Beaverton Valley Times 7/22/2019
- "Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/22/2018
- "Beaverton Night Market returns Saturday Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/16/18
- "Finding a home at the Night Market Opens a New Window. " The Times 7/19/17
- "Night Market brings the world to Beaverton Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/28/16
- "A Universe of Art Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 7/21/16
- "Beaverton International Market Wildly Successful, Very Crowded Opens a New Window. " The Oregonian 9/13/15
- "World Cultures in Spotlight at Beaverton Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 9/9/15
- "First Ever Beaverton Night Market Opens a New Window. " GoLocalPDX 8/29/2015
- "Pooch Parade, Fun Run, Night Market: It’s all at the 58th Annual Beaverton Celebration Opens a New Window. " The Oregonian 8/18/15
- "Beaverton Night Market moved to Sept. 12 Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 5/21/15
- "Beaverton’s Diversity Advisory Board plans International Night Market Opens a New Window. " Beaverton Valley Times 2/11/15
If you’d like to be added to the Cultural Inclusion Program e-newsletter (for updated info about the Beaverton Night Market and other programming), please visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/Equity and click on the "Join Our Email List" button.
For more information about the Beaverton Night Market, email equity@BeavertonOregon.gov or call 503-526-2503.