Chapter 6: Transportation Element Summary
The city’s goals for transportation include:
- Transportation facilities designed and constructed in a manner to enhance Beaverton’s livability and meet federal, state, regional, and local requirements.
- A balanced multimodal transportation system that provides mobility and accessibility for users.
- A safe transportation system.
- An efficient transportation system that reduces the percentage of trips by single occupant vehicles, reduces the number and length of trips, limits congestion, and improves air quality.
- Transportation facilities that serve and are accessible to all members of the community.
- Transportation facilities that provide safe efficient movement of goods.
- Implement the transportation plan by working cooperatively with federal, State, regional, and local governments, the private sector, and residents.
- Create a stable, flexible financial system.
The Transportation chapter is currently being reviewed as part of the City’s Comprehensive Plan Update. Changes to the Transportation chapter will be adopted during the Transportation System Plan update.
- Metro: Cost of Congestion Study
- Metro: Highway 217 Corridor Study
- Metro: Transportation System Monitoring
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Freight Plan
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Highway Plan
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Rail Plan
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Transportation Plan
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Transportation System Planning (TSP) Guidelines
- Washington County: Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Prioritization Project
- Washington County: 2020 Transportation Plan
- Washington County: 2035 Transportation System Plan
- Washington County: Transportation Tax
Interactive Data and Mapping Tools
- Census: Interactive Data Tools (American FactFinder, Local Employment Dynamics, and more).
- Census: My Congressional District Data Portal
- Greater Portland Pulse
- Housing + Transportation Index
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Web Mapping Applications
- Oregon Department of Transporation: TransGIS
- Oregon Department of Transportation: Transportation Planning Online Database
- Oregon: Open Data Portal
- Washington County Intermap
- Washington County ISpirits