Diversity Advisory Board (DAB)
The Diversity Advisory Board (DAB) exists to advise the Mayor and City Council on equity and inclusion strategies that strengthen connections among diverse communities living in Beaverton and with the city government. The board is composed of 13 regular members who are appointed for three year terms and up to 3 alternates.
The DAB’s 2021 focus areas are: business development and recovery, support for vulnerable populations, and housing.
Members of the Diversity Advisory Board maintain an independent Facebook page Opens a New Window. to share about their activities in the community.
Interested in the Beaverton Night Market?
Learn more about the Beaverton Night Market, a special project of the Diversity Advisory Board.
Interested in the Cultural Inclusion Program?
Learn more about the Cultural Inclusion Program.
Every second Monday of the month from 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
Upcoming meetings: Nov. 8, Dec. 13
Meetings are currently being held virtually
Or by telephone at: (669) 254 5252;
Webinar ID: 160 839 2041,
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available here prior to monthly meetings.
Prior month's minutes are also available following board approval.
Can I Participate?
Meetings are public, so please join us! Time for public comment is reserved on the agenda.
Board Purpose & Duties
- Advise the Mayor and City Council on outreach strategies to engage Beaverton’s various communities of color.
- Work with residents, staff, and elected officials to make recommendations for maintaining the city’s diversity, equity and inclusion plan that embraces the city’s goal to build a welcoming and friendly community where all can thrive. The plan should include suggested strategies and actions to achieve stated goals.
- Promote the city’s efforts to involve residents from underrepresented communities on city volunteer committees, boards, commissions, and neighborhood associations, as well as seek employment within the city.
- Promote the Board to the public and help implement the strategies in the diversity, equity and inclusion plan for public outreach. To assist in informational opportunities, presentations, open houses, and other public initiatives providing information about the Board to the public.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for widespread and ongoing diverse public involvement and to assist the City Council by advising on methods by which Beaverton residents can better participate in the decision making process.
- Advise the City on public information and materials to ensure they are culturally responsive and presented in understandable formats.
DAB Ordinance & By-laws Diversity Advisory Board Ordinance and Bylaws
The selection process for new board members happens annually in the fall alongside the city’s other boards and commissions. Applications are accepted throughout the year but will only be reviewed for open vacancies after the application deadline in early October. For more information, please visit: Boards and Commissions Application Process