Special Event vs. Temporary Use Permits

Which Permit Do I Need?

A Special Event Permit is required if the event is to take place on public property owned by the City of Beaverton, the park district, or within a public right-of-way (e.g. street or sidewalk). Temporary Use Permits are required for some temporary uses and activities involving private property. Generally, Special Event Permits and Temporary Use Permits are not required for indoor events within permanent, non-mobile structures on private property. Other city ordinances apply to indoor events within permanent, non-mobile structures.