Preparing for terrorism is in many ways identical to preparing for other types of disasters. It’s still a good idea to:
- Assemble a 72-hour kit, containing food, water, clothing, a list of emergency shelter locations, and other needs for up to three days for you, your family, and your pets.
- Develop a disaster plan for you and your family, including procedures for contacting each other if separated during an emergency.
- Learn about hazardous materials and sheltering-in-place.
- Learn how (and whether) to shut off your utilities.
- Learn CPR, first aid, and how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Work with your neighbors to prepare your community.