Councilor: Position 4
City Council Position 4
12725 SW Millikan Way
P.O. Box 4755
Beaverton, OR 97076
Cate Arnold joined the City Council on January 3, 2005. She is enthusiastic about the opportunity to bring her skills to the job during these challenging times. She knows how to study a difficult problem, break it down into manageable, communicable pieces, and then work to effect a change.
Areas of Focus
City of Beaverton Boards & Commissions
- Continuing to encourage the exchange of ideas between government and its citizens - Democracy takes many eyes to work.
- Good transportation systems, because they are the arteries for the lifeblood of our economy - We must be able to move goods and people in a timely manner.
- Strengthening the economic vitality of our City - She will continue to work with the Chamber of Commerce, the Westside Economic Alliance, and other partners to make our city an awesome place to live and work.
- Beaverton Chamber of Commerce—Government Affairs Council
- Beaverton Chamber of Commerce—Leadership Beaverton Board
- Multnomah County Small Claims Court—Mediator
- Mountainview Middle School Art Literacy—Teacher and Coordinator
- Columbia River Girl Scouts (CRGS)—Cadet Troop 1312 leader
- CRGS Aloha Mountaindale Troopers—Day Camp Director
- Beaverton Loaves and Fishes—Meals on Wheels driver
- Mission of the Atonement—Song leader, Choir, Social Justice Committee
- Prior Governmental Experience
- Beaverton Committee For Citizen Involvement (10 years)
- Beaverton Dispute Resolution Center (mediator for 4 years)
- Beaverton Social Service Funding Committee (2 years)
- Metro Technical Advisory Committee (2 years)
- Masters of Science in Finance, summa cum laude, Texas A & M 1982
- Bachelors of Science in Economics, magna cum laude, Texas A & M 1980
- Family—husband, Randy, children—Michael, Mary, and Jimmy
- Resident of Beaverton since 1992, Washington County since 1985