BEAVERTON, Ore. – Beaverton Night Market returns on Saturday, July 22, with an evening of international food, crafts, and live music and dance. The market is hosted by the City of Beaverton’s Diversity Advisory Board.
The free, family-friendly event will be held at The Round, 12725 SW Millikan Way, from 5 to 10 p.m. A second market will be held on Saturday, Aug. 12.
Beaverton Night Market is a vibrant, intercultural, event reminiscent of night markets experienced internationally. Local vendors from many regions of the world will share handmade crafts and goods representing their cultural roots. Visitors can sample delicacies from East Africa, Lebanon, Mexico, India, Thailand and more.
Stage performances will include African and Japanese drummers, Eastern European/Slavic rock, traditional Mexican and Aztec dance, Indonesian and Tongan performance, Chinese Wushu martial arts, Indian dance, salsa music and more.
Getting to Beaverton Night Market
Attendees have several options for getting to and parking at the event:
- Onsite Parking. Limited parking is available around the event, including on-street, public garage on SW Millikan Way, and surface parking lots. Please note that posted time limits are strictly enforced.
- ADA Accessible Parking. Use the surface parking lot at SW Rose Biggi Ave. and Crescent St., or the public garage at SW Millikan Way between Rose Biggi and SW Watson Ave.
- Free Shuttle Service. Shuttle buses will run from 4:30 to 11 p.m. from these parking lot locations:
- Beaverton High School, 13000 SW Second St.
- Beaverton City Library and public lot, 12375 SW Fifth St.
- Beaverton Police Department, 4755 SW Griffith Dr.
- TriMet Park and Ride. The market is located on the MAX blue line at the Beaverton Central stop. Take MAX directly to the event, or leave your vehicle at Millikan Way park and ride or Sunset Transit Center and catch a ride. Exchange your fare receipts for a free Hop Card from the TriMet booth at the market while supplies last.
For more information, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov/NightMarket.
The city of Beaverton is home to more than 95,000 residents and is Oregon’s sixth largest city. We are a friendly, active, and responsible city well-known for our exceptional community services and amenities, helping Beaverton residents enjoy a high quality of life. Ranked in the top ten of Money magazine’s 50 Best Small Cities in America for 2016, Beaverton truly is “The Best of Oregon.”
For more information, reminders and community news, visit www.BeavertonOregon.gov. Also follow Beaverton on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CityofBeaverton or Twitter at www.twitter.com/CityofBeaverton.
Caption 1: Beaverton Night Market returns July 22 with an evening of international food, crafts, and live music and dance performances from 5 to 10 p.m. at The Round. The market will hold a second night on Aug. 12. (Photo/City of Beaverton)
Caption 2: Onsite parking at the Beaverton Night Market is limited, but several alternatives are available, including free shuttle service from nearby parking lots and TriMet vouchers good for future travel while supplies last. (Graphic/City of Beaverton)