Bicycle Advisory Committee
- 6 pm
- Every second Thursday
- Columbia River Room 5th Floor - NOTE new location
The Beaverton Building
12725 SW Millikan Way
About the Bicycle Advisory Committee
Powers & Duties
- The Bicycle Advisory Committee promotes bicycle use in and around the city of Beaverton.
- The committee provides city staff with public review of proposed projects as they may affect bicycle circulation, access, and general use.
- The committee evaluates the existing bikeway system and recommends development priorities for the Bikeway Capital Improvement Program.
Bike Beaverton 2017 will be held on Sunday, September 10 at Beaverton City Park (SW Fifth Street at Hall Blvd). Bring your bikes and join your neighbors for a bicycle safety rodeo and community bike ride. Free frozen treats after the ride. For more information ...
- 1 PM | Bike Safety Rodeo
- 2 PM | Family Bike Ride + Frozen Treats
- Helmets required
- Water bottles recommended
- Free Tune-Ups by Local Bike Shops
- Helmet Inspections & Replacements by NWBSC
If interested, please fill out the 2017 Volunteer at Bike Beaverton form.
ODOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Program contains a large amount of state and local information and resources including pending legislation and laws and regulations relating to bicycles and pedestrians.
Bike Parking Guidelines
BAC Parking Brochure - PDF
Non-Profit Bicycling Resources
League of American Bicyclists: a non-profit national organization that is working with local communities toward a bicycle friendly America. The City of Beaverton was awarded a Silver Award Bicycle Friendly Community designation in 2005 and retains this designation through 2015.
NW Bicycle Safety Council: a non-profit, Northwest Council for bicycle safety education.
The Street Trust: a non-profit membership organization working to promote and improve public transit, walking and bicycling conditions in Oregon. Since 1990, The Street Trust (formerly the Bicycle Transportation Alliance) has worked in partnership with citizens, businesses, community groups, government agencies, and elected officials to create communities where people can meet their daily transportation needs through active transportation.
WashCo BTC: Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition: a nonprofit Washington County-based bicycle resource center.
Applying for membership
Bicycle Advisory Committee Bylaws
Membership Requirements and Expectations