Beaverton’s Public Works Department enhances public safety through the good maintenance of city streets. Summer is when Tualatin Valley cities pave roads. Overall, Beaverton has good roads because staff constantly track conditions, looking for cracks and potholes. City staff work hard to reduce impacts of this work on the public, however some disruptions are unavoidable.
- Residential roads and travel lanes will remain open to local traffic
- On the day work is scheduled, vehicles and other objects will need to be cleared from the street
- Expect traffic delays, detours and construction noise between 7 am and 6 pm
- Drivers advised to use alternate routes during paving hours
- Road projects may cause occasional delays and inconveniences
- City committed to completing work as quickly as possible, while providing quality product
Cedar Hills Boulevard, Walker Road, Jenkins Road Water Mains Project (May 10 - Sept. 1, 2017)
Waterline construction is about to begin on Cedar Hills Boulevard, Walker Road and Jenkins Road (see project limits map) to:
- Increase drinking water flow capacity to both the Cedar Hills/Jenkins Road areas.
- Provide city drinking water service to existing Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) water customers around the Cedar Hills Crossing and Walker Center Developments (see map of affected customers)
- Connect an existing gap in the city’s water system on Jenkins Road and provide a second/redundant water supply for the 800 residents in the 45 Degrees Central/VillaSport Development.
Construction around the Cedar Hills Crossing and commercial areas will occur at night, and work along Jenkins Road within Washington County (Briggs to just east of Hocken) will be performed during the day, 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Traffic may be down to one lane at times in each direction.
- Jenkins Road (Briggs to Cedar Hills) - Install 3,600 feet of 12-inch diameter waterline on the north side of road (westbound bike lane and travel lanes) - May 10 to mid-June 2017
- Two lanes of traffic will be shifted to the south to allow for construction activities on the north side of the roadway
- The westbound bike lane will be closed, and bike traffic will be directed to the westbound travel lane
- Street parking on the north side of Jenkins will be temporarily impacted during construction
- Cedar Hills Boulevard (Fairfield to Gem) - Install 970 feet of 12-inch diameter waterline on the west side of road (southbound travel lanes) -Mid-June to early July 2017
- Walker Road (Westfield to 350 feet east of Cedar Hills Boulevard) – Install 970 feet of 12-inch diameter waterline on the north side of the road (westbound travel lane) - July to Aug. 2017
- Drinking water service transfer – July 24 to Aug. 1, 2017 (additional details pending)
For more information on construction activities, please contact Brion Barnett, project manager, City of Beaverton, 503-526-2592. Please check the Traffic Alerts webpage for the most current information.
Farmington Road Improvements (June 2015 - Summer 2017)
Road improvements are being made to Farmington Road between Murray Boulevard and Hocken Avenue. The joint project between the City of Beaverton and Washington County will take approximately two years to complete and includes improvements such as:
- Widening of Farmington Road to five lanes (two lanes in each direction and a center turn lane) between Murray and Hocken - in progress
- Installing bicycle lanes, sidewalks and street lighting - beginning late spring
- Realigning 141st and 142nd Avenues - complete
- Upgrading water and sanitary sewer lines - complete
- Widen south side of Farmington Road (June 2015 – November 2015)
- Menlo Drive closes July 2015 between Farmington Road and Fairmount Drive (July 2015 – September 4, 2015)
- 2nd Street closes July 2015 at Farmington Road for installation of box culvert under Farmington Road at Erickson Creek (July 2015 – early September 2015)
- Realign SW 141st and 142nd Avenues (July 2015 – November 2015)
- South side of Farmington reopens (December 2015);
- Sewer installation on Farmington (October 2015 – February 2016)
- Widen north side of Farmington Road (February 2016 – July 2016)
- Improve Farmington Road/Murray Boulevard intersection (June 2016 – May 2017)
- Improve SW 142nd Ave, plus signal installation in June 2016 (February 2016 – July 2016)
- Weekend work May 2017 - check the Traffic Alerts web page for details
For information, visit:
- Barrows Road Sanitary Sewer Project FAQs (PDF)
- Construction Project Updates
- Farmington Road Project
- Farmington Road Project FAQs (PDF)
- Visualization of Farmington Road post construction
- Washington County Transportation Projects: Farmington Road (Murray Blvd to Hocken Ave)
Sidewalk Curb Ramp Retrofit Project
The city is making improvements to curb ramps, bringing them up to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. To minimize disruption to residents, this work will be done at the same time as street paving in neighborhoods.
New curb ramps will be installed where needed and improvements will be made to existing ramps. This may include grading the ramp, adding texture to the sidewalk, or improving the street landing.
Paving will take place between mid-March and October. Curb ramp and utility improvements will be done before paving overlays.
Total construction time on each street will be about 10 days for curb ramps and 5 days for paving, weather permitting. Residents will receive notice about two weeks before paving begins.
For more information, please contact Deborah Martisak. To see all road closures and traffic advisories in the Washington County area, visit www.wc-roads.com.
Construction Project Updates
|STREET NAME||FROM STREET||TO STREET||SHCEDULE|
|SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||EOP||SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||SUMMER 2017|
|SW POMMEL CT||EOP||SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||SUMMER 2017|
|SW STIRRUP CT||EOP||SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||SUMMER 2017|
|SW STIRRUP ST||SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||SW STIRRUP ST||SUMMER 2017|
|SW BRIDLETRAIL AVE||SW DAVIES RD||SW BROCKMAN ST||SUMMER 2017|
|SW PONY PL||EOP||SW BROCKMAN ST||SUMMER 2017|
|SW YEARLING CT||EOP||SW YEARLING PL||SUMMER 2017|
|SW YEARLING PL||SW YEARLING WAY||EOP||SUMMER 2017|
|SW YEARLING WAY||SW MAVERICK TER||SW PONY PL||SUMMER 2017|
|SW JENNETT CT||EOP||SW SORRENTO RD||SUMMER 2017|
|SW PACER CT||SW PACER DR||EOP||SUMMER 2017|
|SW PACER DR||SW STILLWELL LN||SW SORRENTO RD||SUMMER 2017|
|SW STILLWELL LN||EOP||SW SORRENTO RD||SUMMER 2017|
|SW APPALOOSA PL||SW NEW FOREST DR||EOP||SUMMER 2017|
|SW CAVALIER CT||EOP||SW NEW FOREST DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW DARTMOOR CT||EOP||SW NEW FOREST DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW NEW FOREST DR||SW APPALOOSA PL||SW NEW FOREST DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW PINTO CT||EOP||SW TRIGGER DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW PINTO TER||SW PINTO CT||SW NEW FOREST DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW TRIGGER CT||EOP||SW TRIGGER DR||SUMMER 2017|
|SW TRIGGER DR||SW 130TH AVE||SW PINTO TER||SUMMER 2017|
|SW 133RD AVE||SW DAVIES RD||SW ANGORA LN||SUMMER 2017|
|SW JUANITA PL||EOP||EOP||SUMMER 2017|
|SW DAVIES RD||SW SORRENTO RD||SW 136TH AVE||SUMMER 2017|
|SW MENLO DR||SW FARMINGTON RD||SW ALLEN BLVD||SUMMER 2017|